Main menu

Pages


Success stories



I was able to overcome my addiction, and I am hoping to live as long as possible to make up for what I have lost.

After 23 years, I was able to overcome my addiction. I've been sober for a year and a half, and every time I look at a picture, I'm reminded of my addiction. the woman I can’t believe that I recovered after a 23-year long torment and wandering journey and because I know what every addict feels of hopelessness and difficulty in recovery, I decided to share my story with you and also to motivate myself To continue, I am 43 years old, meaning that the journey of addiction took almost half of my life. I entered the road at the age of 18 and I was in the university and motivated by the experience of the new adventure and the new university life with the new university owners, I tried drugs and one of them liked it, then it became a habit and after a few months it became addictive like all the stories of addiction I dropped out of school and worked with my father in his simple business, and he did not know, of course, that I left school, but I needed money, other months too until I lost my job and my father worked together because of these cancers. I traditionally married a neighbor of ours and suddenly I found two fathers of 3 children. Horrible in all respects financially, I do not work for more than a month because of my addiction and living because of nervousness, humiliation, and beatings. I didn't do anything in my life that I remembered except the nights out of bad friends and quarrels with them and quarrels with my wife and even with my family, This is how my life went. I did not want to die alone and let my body decay, nor did I want my children to live and be embarrassed by me, so I chose to seek severe therapy from whoever gave me a pill and I fell and fainted for a day or more with no one noticing. 18 years old my wife was married, I tried to connect with my children and I see boys from them now, but the girl refuses to see me because I don't blame her for being ashamed of what she did to her mother for so long. I'm not sure how God gives us grace and we so readily discard it. We walk past it year after year and don't see it. He bestows the ornament of life, children, on us, and we chose to ignore them. Previously, my death and my life did not separate with me, but I wish now to live as long as possible so that I can not miss what I missed and compensate everyone around me with addiction It takes away money, health, mind, and future, and it takes away life


Separation from him resulted in photos of addiction


Instead of divorcing my spouse, I addressed his addiction. He frequently requested my approval to file for divorce. There is no need to continue in a failed marriage. Everyone predicted that my marriage would end shortly. My story was that I married a man who loved me and was doing the impossible to satisfy me, and after two months of our marriage, his circumstances suddenly changed. He began to neglect his work and new and strange friendships appeared to him that I did not know, and his behavior changed, although he was trying hard not to show a change towards me, the situation was stronger than controlling it, and overnight I discovered that my husband is addicted to drugs, and after a while, I knew that it was not one type of drug but rather I was shocked by all kinds, a shock greater than people can imagine, to the extent that I was booked in the hospital for a whole month without knowing a clear reason for my illness. Now, as they believe there is no need for more losses, I chose to attempt to survive with the man who loved me and I loved him, especially since I am familiar with his wonderful background. I first searched for methods and places for treatment, and then I sat down with my husband to discuss the matter clearly and I put a choice in his hands, either treatment or separation. We immediately and the conversation was very soft and gentle at that time my husband admitted to me that he was trying to quit his addiction and that he had already gone to a psychiatrist, but the matter was unsuccessful and the doctor could not help him to stop the drugs. And that this devastating story will end our lives immediately and we will replace it with a really happy story. I started looking with him for new ways to take off and different places. My spouse responded well to the treatment and sat in the 90-day clinic with vigor and a determination not to repeat the experience. I do not claim that I am a hero, but the real hero is my loving husband, He resorted to drugs after the death of his mother and sister in an accident at the time. He was confused and did not know who to turn to, and he was weak until he resorted to taking drugs as a way to escape, but this man, when he fell in love, decided not to harm his girlfriend and that he needed support to return as he was, and praise is to God who helped me to support my life companion's failure to disappoint everyone They predicted that we would fail and that our marriage would become a model, and now I pray to God that we will succeed. to help us raise our children in a good way.


Comments